In the 1920's the Toy Joy company of South Yarra, Melbourne, started by George Kirby and his wife commenced business. WW1 meant a ban on teddy bears from Germany. The earliest teddy bears were fully jointed, made from English mohair, stuffed with wood wool, had twill pads with four feet and claws and glass eyes.
In 1966 the Lang brothers took over the company but it continues to operate under the Joy Toys name. That's ace mate!