Saturday, November 29, 2014

Yum Yum...


Flat Apple Pie
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 jar of St Dalfours Jam - Plum or Peach (I get it at Ingles, but I have seen it may be at your Krogers if yours has a specialty isle)
6 packets of Splenda
1/2 cup of yellow raisins
1 cup of walnuts or pecans
I tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
2 tablespoons of flour (I used whole wheat flour, but white flour would work, too)
3 tablespoons of butter, cut up in small chunks
1 Pillsbury pie crust (I made my own pie crust using whole wheat flour but it's so very easy if you use a ready made crust)
One egg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
I used a cookie sheet pan with sides - line with parchment paper or spray center lightly with Pam or other cooking spray
Peel apples and slice them. Put in a large bowl, add Jam, Lemon Juice, Splenda, Raisins, Nuts, Cinnamon, Flour and mix together.
Roll out the pie crust. Place the pie crust in your pan.
In the center of your circle of crust that is in your pan, place all the apple mix. Dot the mix with the 3 tablespoons of butter
Bring the sides up towards the center but not all the way (you will see your apple mixture) being careful not to put a hole in your pie crust.
Make an egg wash - Beat your egg and add a teaspoon of water - brush all over the pie crust.
Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
After I baked it, Hubby thought I should dust it with more cinnamon and a couple of Splenda packets.
If you don't like your pie so high, you can use 2 pie crusts and divide up your apple mixture.
To serve, cut it like a pizza and top with some vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment