Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Banana Bread Pudding



Banana Bread Pudding

This is for leftover banana bread.
Of course, leftover banana bread freezes well when fresh, but this loaf was made 3 days ago so I thought what could I do with it
I decided to try using it to make banana bread pudding.
I have to tell you how great my kitchen smelled while the pudding was baking.

Here's what I made:

1/2 loaf of Banana Bread cut into cubes about  1/2 inch to 3/4 inch
1/4 cup butter
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of honey
1 cup cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon peel
1 tsp lemon extract
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup raisins
2 bananas sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 3 quart baking dish
I used an eight cup measuring cup to mix all the ingredients.
Melt the butter
Add honey and stir, add cream, eggs and mix together.
Add cinnamon, vanilla, lemon peel, lemon extract and stir.
Add walnuts, raisins and bananas.
Add the banana bread cubes.
Mix altogether.
Spoon into the greased baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Check doneness by inserting a knife in the center. If it comes out clean, it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment